How many pounds of Carbon can you burn-off a day?
Each year, the US emits 16,000 pounds of carbon per capita through electricity use.
That’s equivalent to:
- CO2 emissions from 816 gallons of gasoline consumed
- CO2 emissions from 16.9 barrels of oil consumed
- Carbon sequestered by 186 tree seedlings grown for 10 years
- Carbon sequestered annually by 1.5 acres of pine or fir forests
- CO2 emissions from 302 propane cylinders used for home barbeques
- Greenhouse gas emissions avoided by recycling 2.4 tons of waste instead of sending it to the landfill
Data from the US EPA’s Equivalencies Calculator
But what if you had to bear that burden on your waistline?