Planet Forward features your ideas online and on TV. Want to see your ideas on national television? Here’s how it works:
2. Share your idea (we help too!)
- Encourage your friends to vote for your idea by “Liking it”
- Liking gives your idea more visibility and feedback, which might improve your idea and helps to get your idea noticed.
- Planet Forward elevates the best ideas. This is the easy part for you, because we handle this step. We’ll help you share your ideas, by elevating some of them to our webisodes, TV productions and our online and social media partners. Also, we’ll share a few ideas with experts in the relevant field who will comment online and in live events.
3. Experts take a look at your idea
A panel of experts from the relevant fields (science, engineering, business, policy, etc.) will review the ideas selected by us.
Their criteria include:
- Viability – Some ideas are close to full implementation, but some ideas are just a spark. In either case, you’ll be judged by how far you’ve thought it through and whether it has a chance to work in the real world..
- Impact – The best ideas will have a profound and far-reaching impact on the planet. Some ideas will have local but deep impact. But, all ideas will be judged on how impactful they will be.
- Technical Merit– Your idea has to be sound, and based on a good information. Don’t just mail it in. Be ready to defend your idea in front of our experts.
4. Planet Forward editors and producers select the ideas for the show
Planet Forward staff and our production teams will then determine which pieces offer a wide range of perspectives and possible solutions.
Criteria we will be using:
- Uniqueness of Idea – We’ll be looking for ideas that are new and inventive.
- Creativity in Story-telling – Have some fun!
- Diversity of Perspective – We want to be sure we represent a range of viewpoints and perspectives, so we aim to include those who bring something new to the conversation.